INTO MY ARMS
Cultivating Healing After the Secret Pain of Abortion
Our practice is offering a new therapy group to support women who are suffering trauma associated with having an abortion. “Into My Arms” is a tremendous tool of restoration, bringing God’s light to the shadows hidden deep in a woman’s heart.
“Into My Arms” chronicles the journey of six women who embark on a healing retreat on Long Island, NY. Group members will follow the stories and experiences of these women and in addition, benefit from the teaching of Christian counselors and authors as they help these women process steps of emotional and spiritual healing.
This is a ten-week video series with an accompanying workbook/discussion curriculum. Group participants will be able to listen, learn, and process their own traumatic experiences together in a safe setting facilitated by Christian counselors, Catherine Hunter, LCSW, CADC, PMHC.
The ten weeks include the following steps of healing:
- Listening to the Stories
- The Journey of the Heart—feeling and expressing emotions
- Releasing Shame
- Messages and Self-Identity
- Moving Deeply into the Heart
- Healing Mother and Father Wounds
- Accepting Responsibility for Healing
- Cultivating Forgiveness
- Discovering Personal Identity and the Beauty of Feminine Strength
- Healing through God’s Love and Ministering to Others
Groups will be forming and planned for January 2013.
The fee per group is $75.00/insurance reimbursable.
Download Brochure (4.6MB PDF)
Call Catherine @ (847) 550-0395 x2 for an intake appt.