Kimberly D. Wood, MA, LCPC
Kimberly is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Illinois and joined Catherine Hunter and Associates after earning her degree and license in professional counseling. She has a deep desire to come alongside clients in their pursuit of health and wholeness – body, soul, and spirit. She is a compassionate counselor gifted with discernment and encouragement who has counseled women, men, couples, and families in her 30 years of ministry and clinical experience. Kimberly incorporates various treatment modalities and techniques to meet the unique individual needs of each client she works with.
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling from Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, IL. May 2016.
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Services/Psychology from Lincoln Christian University in Lincoln, IL. May 2013.
- Beginning in 2015, Kimberly provided therapy for individuals, couples, and adolescents at Chicago Christian Counseling Center – Galewood and Orland Park locations. She far exceeded her 600-hour licensing requirement.
- Since April 2013, Kimberly has provided counsel at Central Baptist Village in Norridge, IL as a Medicaid Coordinator. She came alongside residents’ family members helping them with the Medicaid application process when their loved ones were under resourced for their long term care needs.
- Since 1987, Kimberly has been active in fulltime ministry along with her husband, Brian. This role enabled her to offer pastoral counseling to individuals, couples, families and teens when they sought guidance to deal with crisis and various areas of need.
- Kimberly has played a very active role in many areas of ministry including launching a MOPS ministry for Mothers of Preschoolers; launching, staffing, and teaching in Children’s Ministry Programs, Women’s Ministry Leadership, and facilitating Small Group Ministry for adults.
- Assisted in leading Marriage Ministry: Facilitating couples small groups, date night events, and weekend marriage retreats. All events were designed to strengthen marriages.
- Counseling at Chicago -Teen Challenge; a faith based long-term drug rehabilitation program.
- Member of Postpartum Support International.
- Completed Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
- Completed 2-day Certificate Program in Perinatal Mood Disorders with Postpartum Support International
- Trained facilitator for Prepare Enrich Premarital and Marital Assessments.
- Member of American Counseling Association
- Member of American Association of Christian Counselors
- Counselor at Chicago-Teen Challenge
- Time with the people she loves
- Weekly running group
- Fitness and Nutrition
- The beauty of God’s creation